The PATSCAN TMS sensor offers an effective method for covert threat detection of concealed weapons on persons and in bags using targeted magnetic signature identification coupled with machine learning. The sensor solution reports threats instantly to the PATSCAN Platform, ensuring onsite security can respond accordingly.
The PATSCAN TMS detects concealed weapons preventing mass casualty attacks on the general public in high-traffic weapon-restricted facilities and venues.
The PATSCAN TMS autonomous detection system can identify specific individuals carrying concealed weapons into secured private or public spaces, utilizing its unique passive sensor array.
Concealed Weapon Detection Sensor
PATSCAN TMS sensors can be installed at schools, stadiums, concert halls, shopping centers and other entryways into private, public or secured buildings.The PATSCAN TMS offers covert operational deployment allowing for uninterrupted pedestrian traffic. Target-selective detection along with covert configuration deployment allows for rapid processing through security checkpoints unlike conventional metal detector portals.
PATSCAN TMS utilizes validated dynamic magnetic moment technology primarily developed for military applications. The high-sensitivity, fully-networked PATSCAN TMS has been optimized and adapted for urban security settings. The targeted capability includes threat localization, overlaying the threat object position onto an image utilizing artificial intelligence (Al) enhanced target recognition. Continuously evolving algorithms are remotely upgradeable to periodically provide new targets and threat objects of interest.
How It Works
- Weapon Detection: Designed to detect large barreled weapons, such as rifles, semi-auto /assault/ shotguns, etc…as well as I EDs with significant metal shrapnel elements.
- Easy Operation: Operates autonomously without compromising system sensitivity, or individual privacy.
- Detection Performance: Superior detection performance with low power.
- Technology: Uses passive dynamic magnetic moment technology to detect metallic signatures moving through the gateway or portal space (approximately 6′ wide).
- Sensor Array: Passive magnetic moment sensors arrays are network connected.
- Al/ Machine Learning: Utilizes PATSCAN’s state-of-the art cognitive detection software with advanced signal processing algorithms.
- Non-Threat Items: Technology automatically eliminates non-threat items such as mobile phones (per client requirements), as well as non-moving objects around gateway / portal, such as doors, elevators, and cars.
- Proven Solution: Over two years of continuous operation and client validation.
|DETECTION METHOD||Dynamic magnetic moment movement|
|PHYSICAL INSTALLATION||Planter box, sign pole, door frame, embedded in wall|
|THROUGHPUT||Over 2,000 persons per hour. Multiple individuals in parallel|
|CONNECTIVITY||Ethernet and USB. Wireless option|
|HOUSING SIZE||Sensor array 56 X 18″ X 18″|
|POWER||Conventional 110-240 V AC, 1 A Max|
|USER INTERFACE||Graphical User Interface. Sound or visual alarm optional|
|TEMPERATURE OF OPERATION||-30 C to 50C|
|SAFETY||No safety concerns. Fully passive detection|
- Especially effective in areas of high volume pedestrian foot traffic.
- No health, safety or privacy issues as there are no active scans or revealing images involved.
- Locates covertly and easily to identify the passage of prohibited objects.
- Wide aperature and range allows for detection and isolation of threat-bearing individuals in crowded passages.
- Instant threat analysis triggers camera ID and alerts remote operators and security personnel proximal to area of interest for immediate action.
- Installion options can be covert or overt, indoors or outdoors and may include hallway walls, door entries, signage, bollard or fixture units, ceilings or floors, planters and architectural elements.
- Rapid installation and ease-of-use provides cost-effective ability to increase positive outcomes.
- Integrates with all PATSCAN artificial intelligence powered platform components and many existing security systems i.e.: access controls, video management and related network alerting systems.