Cognitive Microwave Radar
PATSCAN CMR detection sensors are easily concealed and cost-effective; offering non-invasive screening technology that is practical and safe. The cognitive microwave radar (CMR) sensor allows the Platform to discover the “weapon signature” (i.e.: object shape) for better threat detection and immediate security notification.
Concealed Weapons Detection Sensor
PATSCAN CMR is the world’s most advanced technology for covert screening and detection of concealed weapons. The sensor targets threats of known weapons profiles, and by detection of concealed irregular object mass.
Unlike some other sensors used today, the PATSCAN CMR is affordable and can easily be concealed to scan a person or bag for hidden threat objects. Most of today’s threat detection solutions are large, expensive and manned static installations.
The PATSCAN CMR is a first-in-class covert primary screening sensor for the detection of on-body concealed weapons at access points of weapons-restricted buildings and facilities. PATSCAN CMR is an easily concealed, cost-effective and non-invasive full body scanning technology that is proven, practical and safe.
- Detection of mass casualty threat objects. No image of target individual generated; ensures individual privacy.
- Low-profile, low-power impulse radar system for the stand-off detection of on-body or in-bag concealed weapons.
- Components are compact and portable.
- Frequency range: from 500 MHz to 5 GHz (microwave freq. range).
- System is trained to recognize various weapons before security deployment.
- Software is trained to recognize non-threat targets (i.e. unarmed civilians) before deployment.
- System continues to “learn” after deployment and adapts to specific environment.
- Network capability increases coverage dramatically as multiple diverse PATSCAN Platform components can act in tandem.
- Small enough for covert installations.
- Images of the target NOT generated; absolutely no privacy concerns.
- No subject compliance required.
- Secured locations inconspicuous – not institutional.
- Time consuming scans not required.
- Compact and lower cost than millimeter-wave units.
- Cost allows for multiple networked units.
- Integrates with diverse PATSCAN components.
- Weapon profiles to be updated network-wide regularly.
- Real-time and entirely computer-based. Human operators NOT required.
- Early detection reduces inspection team size and buys first responders critical intervention time.
- System “learns” and continuously perfects its detection ability.
- Radar frequencies are aligned with international regulations for safe use of microwave bandwidths.
PATSCAN CMR screens individuals in real time as they interact with the detection field at key access points. Installation can be covert or overt from multiple directions – subject to need and structural considerations. Eliminates institutional metal detector style look and feel.
Patriot One’s patent pending Cognitive Microwave Radar (CMR) employs a network-wide ability to “learn” and adapt to new threats as “signature” patterns are identified. The system is designed to deliver pattern updates transmitted network-wide offering an ever increasing signature library.
PATSCAN CMR offers performance accuracy which significantly reduces personnel needs required for bag checks and secondary screening as security is primarily deployed against identified threats only.
PATSCAN CMR provides stand-off capability and guidelines to increase first responder reaction times through immediate action integrated directly to access controls. Users manage activities from a desktop computer, mobile application, or as a dedicated alarm for localized alerts.
The PATSCAN CMR deploys as an integrated component of the PATSCAN Multi-Sensor Platform for Covert Layered Protection. Stand-alone or as part of an enhanced access control system, PATSCAN CMR adds a critical layer of protection for retrofit or new build security opportunities.
Designed for use in any public or private facility to effectively manage and restrict weapons access.
Deploying PATSCAN CMR
Designed for use in any public or private facility to effectively manage and restrict weapons access. Multi-unit installation option subject to environmental/architectural assessment. The system must be installed by a trained professional.